Anadrol is a synthetic steroid with a pronounced anabolic and mild androgenic effect. The drug was developed by Syntex Pharmaceuticals in the 60s with the aim of treating anemia and osteoporosis, as well as maintaining muscle mass in debilitated and malnourished patients.
The main effect of the drug is to increase the body’s production of erythrocytes (red blood cells) by stimulating the production of a natural hormone – erythropoietin. This ensures an increased flow of oxygen to the cells.
Over time, other, non-steroidal drugs were created, which fought just as effectively against the above-mentioned diseases. Gradually, the popularity of Anadrol declined so much that in 1993 the manufacturer decided to stop its production. Nevertheless, the steroid remained in demand in medicine: it was found effective in the fight against HIV infection.
Important. Androlone, as well as any of its forms and analogues, are considered potent drugs in the territory of the Russian Federation. According to the government decree, the manufacture, storage, transportation, sale and other actions with large quantities of the drug are criminal offenses. Androlone weighing more than 10 g is considered a large batch.
Since the 2000s, oxymetholone has been actively used in sports, especially in bodybuilding. Its actual use was only in the pre-competitive period. The reason is that for a long time the anabolic effect of the steroid was associated with the ability to retain water in the body (allegedly this factor gave a significant increase in mass). Currently, the drug is no longer limited to a few days immediately before the start of sports competitions.
Oxymetholone is considered one of the most powerful synthetic anabolics. Often this drug is preferred by athletes seeking a rapid increase in muscle mass. In bodybuilding, it is not recommended for beginners to take it, since the steroid has a number of side effects and requires extremely competent, careful use.
The drug is available in two forms: tablet and injectable (Anapolone oil solution first entered the market in 2013). It has a high anabolic activity (increases protein synthesis) – 320% of testosterone. At the same time, the indicator of androgenic activity (the manifestation of masculine traits in women and the suppression of those in men) is only 30% of testosterone.
Glycogen is a polysaccharide made up of glucose residues that acts as a storage carbohydrate.
Anapolon 50 is a time-tested and fitness professional steroid that most athletes confidently recommend. They speak about it mainly in a positive way (in particular, when using dosages that do not exceed the norm).
Anapolon is recommended for use by seasoned athletes with sufficient professional experience, including in taking such drugs. The considered anabolic is considered the next step for those to whom the use of lighter drugs no longer provides the necessary muscle growth.
The main action of Anadrol:
- Gain in muscle mass – first of all, the drug is known as an effective anabolic “tool” for rapid weight gain. The indicator of its growth during the period of taking the steroid cannot be compared with any other similar anabolic. For this reason, anadrol is a favorite of most athletes during the off-season, sometimes just before the competition (to slightly pour muscles).
- The growth of strength indicators – the steroid contributes to the accumulation of fluid and glycogen in the body. Thus, in the shortest possible time, indicators of strength and endurance increase. This is the best option for representatives of power sports (especially during the competition). But for athletes, it is unlikely to be suitable, since it quickly increases weight, creating the risk of an athlete leaving his weight category.
- An increase in the functionality of the articular tissue (in some athletes) – a positive effect of the steroid on the joints, as well as their performance, was noted. A similar effect is associated with increased production of synovial fluid during the period of taking Anadrol. It helps to reduce pain from old injuries and protects the joints from increased stress.
- Decrease in the production of sex hormone-binding globulin – due to the weakening of the connection of the glycoprotein with anabolic hormones, the activity of the latter increases.
A large, but reasonably calculated dosage of the steroid and a course strictly limited by recommendations (with thoughtful nutrition) will help you gain about 10 kilograms of pure muscle mass. Of course, some of it will fall on water and glycogen, but the drug does not become less effective from this.
On drying, anadrol is completely ineffective, because it will make the muscles visually watery, as if swollen.
Speaking about the action of anadrol, one cannot fail to note its high efficiency, but at the same time it would not be out of place to mention the negative aspects. When taking a course of a steroid, there is a high probability of a number of side effects:
- Hepatotoxic effect – when passing through the liver, the steroid does not break down, which means that its main component has a negative effect on the organ. But, if it is reasonable to approach the choice of the dosage of the drug, the toxic effect on the liver will be minimal.
- Increased blood pressure – when the amount of fluid in the body increases, blood pressure rises. This is one of the most common side effects of Anadrol. The solution to the problem is the use of antihypertensive drugs (only after consultation with a specialist).
- Migraines are a common reaction for anadrol.
- Elevated cholesterol levels – we are talking exclusively about “bad” cholesterol.
- Diarrhea is an unpleasant and infrequent side effect (as a rule, intestinal upset occurs when large doses of the drug are used). The solution to the problem is loperamide, smecta, etc.